Friday, July 18, 2008

Movin' on Up

We heard today that our stuff has gotten through customs without any glitches so our goods will be delivered on Wednesday. I can't wait to move into our apartment. It will be so nice to get out of the hotel. Not that Hotel Konigshof isn't a great hotel but having 5 suitcases and 2 bikes in one room starts to feel a little cramped.

Our kitchen has also come in and will be delivered next week. Apartments in Germany come without kitchens so we were lucky enough to find a landlord who would essentially rent the kitchen to us. Why people would move their entire kitchen from place to place is unclear to me. I don't really have any idea what the kitchen will look like so I've got my fingers crossed that it turns out as well as the bathroom did. Renting a place without having any idea what the bathroom or kitchen would look like was definitely a leap of faith.

Well, we are off to put our names on our mailbox so that we can get mail.

No comments: