Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Rabbit? Really?

I have gotten accustomed to seeing dogs everywhere in Germany. People bring their dogs into restaurants, stores, offices; there is really no place that seems to be off limits for dogs. I am a dog lover so this doesn't really bother me and I hardly notice it now.

However, today was a first. While walking through Galleria (a big department store with a grocery store in the basement) I was shocked to see a women with a rabbit. At first glance, I thought she was holding a stuffed animal wrapped in a blanket. That would be strange enough considering she wasn't with a child. I then realized the thing was alive which was even odder. Who brings their pet rabbit shopping with them? She had the rabbit clutched to her chest like a baby and wrapped in a blanket while she browsed the jewelry selection. Was she looking for a broach to go with her rabbit?

No comments: