Friday, May 7, 2010

Let's Play - Name that Body Part

One of the great things about having a baby is trying to figure out who your baby looks like and which body parts are a result of your genes and which are of your spouse's. Does she have my nose? Does she have Jim's mouth. A lot of the body parts will remain unknown until she is older so neither of us can lay claim to them yet; like her eyes or hair. So far they are blue and brown respectively, but I know that can change for up to a year.

However, there are a few things we do know for sure. Unfortunately for little Sabine she has my cold, clamy hands and stinky feet. Now when I say stinky, I'm sure you are thinking to yourself, how stinky can a baby's feet really be; she doesn't wear shoes and doesn't actually use her feet for anything other than entertainment during diaper changes. Nevertheless, I can assure you they are quite rotten. She would even agree. Yesterday she managed to put a toe in her mouth and even she thought that was an unpleasant experience. Of course she looked at me accusingly as if I had something to do with the awful taste in her mouth. I wonder if they make baby oder eaters? Although there really isn't anywhere to put them since she won't keep shoes on her feet for more than a minute.

Sabine was also graced with Jim's freakishly long toes and his waxy ears. I know that the wax has a purpose (to keep out the dirt and other things that shouldn't get into ears) but does it have to be orange?

I'm hoping that along with the ears and toes, she inherits Jim's ridiculously long eyelashes. Since her lashes are already longer than my little stubs, I think she just might be that lucky.

Now the gas, that's a crap shoot. It could Jim or it could be me. We are equally gassy. So poor Sabine may be doubly gassy.

There are so many other parts of her to discover and I can't wait to see who she becomes. Will she be 50% me and 50% Jim or some other percentage of us? What I do know now is that she is 100% adorable, stinky toes and all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

She is sooo adorable! I can't wait to meet her in person!