Friday, September 5, 2008

Non Marking Soled Shoes?

In preparation for our sailing trip to Greece, our captain sent us a list of things we should bring. One of which was non marking soled shoes. I had planned to wear my black athletic sandals which I now realized would make black marks all over the very white boat - not good.

So for the past two days I've been on a mission to find a pair of shoes for me as well as Jim. Only a month ago, I was cursing the stores for having only summery outfits when I was searching for sweaters to match the cold and rainy weather. Now when I'm searching for a sun hat, non marking deck shoes and swim suits, all I find are wool sweaters and boots. I have some serious bad shopping karma.

According to our captain, Aleksander, the four bottles of Bacardi he is bringing will not be enough alcohol so he suggested we all pick up a bottle at the duty free shop. He also suggested we bring some CDs for sunset techno parties. Why do I have the feeling that someone will be falling off of the boat? I have a sneaking suspicion that Eastern Europeans like to drink a lot - a few of the people in our party of 8 are Bulgarian.

Just in case we are lost in a storm, never to be heard from again, I love you all. Sorry for that little bit of drama. I'm sure the people we are with will be competent sailors. I doubt the boat company would just rent the boat to anyone; you've got to have some sort of sailing license, right?

It may be a while before I update my blog again. I have a lot of travel over the next month. We are in Greece for a week and then my friend, Beth, arrives the next day. We are going to Amsterdam for three days and then to Munich and Frankfurt. The night after Beth leaves, Jim and I are going to Brussels for a CLE seminar. So my guess is I won't have access to a computer for a few weeks. I'll make sure to post all about my travels when I return.

No comments: